Hardwood Flooring in Kahului, HI
No other type of flooring is as timeless and attractive as hardwood. It gives your home a classy and luxurious look that no other flooring type can mimic. At Flooring America Maui, we carry a wide selection of hardwood flooring in many colors, species, and styles. Whether you’re looking for solid or engineered hardwood, we have it all at our showroom in Kahului, HI. Our team of flooring and design experts can help you find the perfect fit for your home. We’ll assist you by showing you the different hardwood flooring options from our stock so that you can find the ideal flooring that meets your unique needs. We’ll consider your current decor, tastes, and performance needs. With our team of flooring specialists, you’re sure to find the perfect floors for your home or business!
Types of Hardwood
With our extensive buying power, we have a wide variety of hardwood floors available at affordable, budget-friendly prices, including solid and engineered hardwood flooring. No matter your budget for your home remodeling project, you can take advantage of our stock and enjoy stunning new hardwood floors. Learn more about our hardwood selection:
- Solid hardwood flooring is a traditional style of wood floors where each plank is made from a single, solid piece of wood. Each plank is typically ¾ inch thick and made entirely of premium hardwood. Since it’s completely solid throughout, you can often sand and refinish your solid hardwood floors to meet your ever-changing style needs. This eliminates scratches, stains, dents, and other imperfections. While solid hardwood is a beautiful flooring, it can be susceptible to warping in humid or moisture-prone environments. Due to this, we recommend installing your solid hardwood flooring in above-grade and non-moisture-prone rooms. Ensure your home has proper humidity levels through the dry winter months, so planks don’t become brittle and prone to gapping and cracking.
- Engineered hardwood flooring is created from laminate layers. This layered design adds stability and prevents the wood from warping from moisture and humidity exposure. A real hardwood veneer at the surface, meaning engineered and solid hardwood look identical from above. This type of hardwood is more affordable and durable. The only disadvantage to engineered hardwood is you can’t usually sand and refinish as often as solid wood. This depends on the quality and thickness of its top layer.
Hardwood’s Many Benefits
Hardwood flooring has so many amazing benefits. When you purchase hardwood flooring from us, you invest in top-quality flooring from the best brands and manufacturers in the industry. Learn more about hardwood’s great benefits:
- Enhances the look and feel of your home by adding a touch of elegance.
- Low maintenance and easy to keep clean.
- Adds value to your home.
- Solid and durable, meaning it can last for decades and is an excellent long-term investment.
- Helps improve interior air quality.
- Looks great with any decor style.
- Comes in various appearances, colors, styles, stains, and species.
- Improves acoustics in your space.
Maintaining Hardwood Floors
It’s important to give your hardwood floors the proper care they need to maintain their like-new shine. You can prolong the life of your hardwood flooring by following a few simple steps:
- Sweep and dry mop regularly.
- Put down rugs on high-impact spots and areas exposed to a lot of foot traffic.
- Maintain moisture levels by installing a humidifier in the winter and a dehumidifier in the summer. This helps prevent the wood planks from warping.
- Damp mop your wood floors with a little soap and water or a wood-specific cleaning solution for a deeper clean.
- If you want your hardwood floors to be extra shiny, you can purchase a wood polish that can be used every 2-4 months.
Professional Hardwood Flooring Installation
You can rely on our professionals for your hardwood flooring installation to get the most longevity out of your new floors. We complete each installation with precision and care. Our professional installers have the skills, knowledge, and experience to ensure your hardwood floors are installed correctly. Reach out to our team to learn more about the techniques we use for installing your brand-new, gorgeous hardwood floors. Walk with confidence on your new hardwood floors. We believe in our team of in-house installers and our products so much that we support your purchase with our Ultimate Confidence Guarantee. This guarantee is our promise to you of a quality installation. If you are unhappy with your new floors, we will replace them at no cost to you within 30 days of installation, providing a product of a similar price. We are committed to helping your design aspirations come to life and will find the hardwood floor to match.
Contact us to learn more about our hardwood selection and services. We proudly serve customers in Kahului, HI, and the surrounding communities.